Greek yogurt Cheesecake Recipe & Benefits
Greek yogurt cheesecakes are so yummy and a popular dessert. They are made up with full fat cream cheese and heavy sour cream.
Recommended: You can be benefited by consuming yogurt in breakfast, Read in details the pros & cons eating yogurt in breakfast.
For the crust: 1 and a half cup of wafer, 2 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 3 tablespoon of melted butter.
For the filling: 16 ounces of softened whipped Greek yogurt cream cheese, 3 big eggs (in room temperature), 1 cup powdered sugar, 16 ounces of plain Greek yogurt in room temperature, 2 teaspoon of lemon extract, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and a pinch of salt.
- Crush the wafers and mix them with sugar and lemon extract. Now pour the melted butter and mix them well together until it becomes totally incorporated with.
- Preheat your oven in 325 degree Fahrenheit and bake it around for 6-8 minutes.
- Now your crust is done, remove it from your oven.
- Now it is time for the filling. Take the eggs, mix them with Greek yogurt cream cheese, but do not over mix it.
- Mix sugar and ensure a uniform mixture. Now mix the other ingredients and uniformly mix them altogether.
- Once the filling is ready, pour it onto your precooked crust.
- Now bake it for 40-50 minutes at 325 degrees F. After the baking, the middle of the cake should be jiggly! Don’t worry! it will set with the cooling of the cake.
- Now remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After cooling, put it on your refrigerator around for 3 to 4 hours covering it with a foil paper. It is ready with a great taste!
However, you need to remember that, you should room temperature ingredients to avoid clumping.
Greek yogurt cheesecake; no bake
Crust: 12 graham crackers, 3 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
Cake: 12 ounce softened cream cheese, 1 and a half cup Greek yogurt, ¼ cup honey or maple syrup, 2 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 lemon zest, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, toasted chopped almonds, toasted minced unsweetened coconut and some fruits according to your desire.
Crust: crush the graham crackers and blend them with coconut well until it becomes moistened enough. Distribute the mixture in the serving cups and place them at the bottom by pressing.
The cheesecake: Blend all the cheesecake ingredients well, place them in the serving cups and refrigerate at least for 2 hours with a covering on the cups.
Now it is ready for serving your guests and you can add some chopped fruits, nuts or shredded coconut on the top before serving.
Benefits: These cheesecakes are full of protein and fats. So, these are good for your children and a nice serving for your guest. However, if you are in a weight loss diet, you can have some small pieces as Greek yogurt has been used there.
Yogurt oatmeal recipe
Oatmeal is a very good option for the people who are in a weight loss diet.
Ingredients: 1 cup of milk, ½ cup oats, ¼ cup plain yogurt, ¼ teaspoon of salt.
Besides these, you can take some fresh fruits or dry fruits, nuts, shredded coconut, chocolate chips etc.
First boil the milk at a high flame, then reduce the flame, add oats and cook the oats for few minutes at a medium heat. When the consistency will reach to your desired level, remove it from the burner and allow it to cool down. After cooling, you can add fruits, nuts, chocolate chips etc.
However, you can use water instead of milk and you can use flavored yogurt also.
This recipe is a perfect weight loss diet to add to your breakfast. Oatmeal contains a lot of fiber, so it is also a home remedy for constipation.