Yogurt for breakfast: is it a healthy choice or a bad option?
Start your day with just some teaspoon of yogurt. Yes, you are right. I am talking about eating yogurt for breakfast. Yogurt can be a nice option for your breakfast. Precisely, Greek yogurt has some magnificent features that make it more desired for breakfast or your other meals. Perhaps you are on a weight loss diet, you have diabetes problem or you have a digestion problem, so take some yogurt or Greek yogurt especially. I think it will be a great idea to add Greek yogurt on your breakfast. So, today I will try to cover up several important aspects of adding yogurt to your breakfast. So, keep reading the “Family yogurt latest Blog post“.
Eating yogurt for breakfast: is it a healthy choice or a bad option?
It is much usual that you might think about whether taking yogurt in breakfast is good or bad. In that case, I should definitely say “yes” and it is a great option. Now I am going to show you some facts to consider while you are going to add Greek yogurt for breakfast or regular yogurt for breakfast. These are as follows:
Fat facts: Yes, it is an important thing to consider. There are some good and also some bad. But the thing is that, yogurt mostly contains that type which are good for your health.
Protein content: Yogurt is a good source of lean protein. But, the amount of protein is different in different yogurt types. In that case, plain Greek yogurt or Greek-style yogurt is a better choice, because it is relatively high in protein as much of its excess water has been removed away. Moreover, this process provides a thicker texture to the yogurt. On the contrary, “light” yogurts may have as little as 4 grams of protein per serving.
No sweetened yogurt: Try to avoid sweetened yogurt on your breakfast. But, if you are craving for sweet, then you can add some honey or maple syrup as sweeteners.
Try to avoid buying “light” or “lite” yogurt: That’s a surprising fact to you, right? Although, it might be pleasing to you to see “light” or “lite” label on the yogurt cup, but there is a hidden technique. In these types of yogurt, manufacturers might add thickeners such as gelatin, starch or even gum. Along with that, they also add sweeteners and flavoring agents. The consequence of this process is a highly processed food that loses many health benefits of yogurt.
Yogurt for your baby’s breakfast
Yogurt is a nice first food option for your child. There are a lot of benefits of offering yogurt to them. According to the pediatricians, you can offer yogurt to your little one as early as he/she is around 6 months old. Moreover, giving yogurt as his/her breakfast can be delightful and I hope your kid will enjoy it.
Things to consider while giving yogurt to your adorable kid:
As you are an adult, you need a low-fat yogurt. But, your kid needs the full content, because, it is too important to ensure the proper growth. Moreover, enough nutrients such as protein, calcium, vitamins are required for the development of his/her bones, brain and muscles. Yogurt contains all of these important nutrients which your baby needs. So, feed yogurt to your baby without any confusion.
Yogurt in breakfast: facts about reducing body mass
You need to reduce your calories. Along with doing exercise and reducing calories, consuming yogurt at your breakfast will facilitate loosing extra body mass.
How it works?
Yogurt is generally considered as a high protein food, where foods with high protein help to lose mass by reducing hunger and boosting the metabolic function. This function occurs due to the high thermal effect of protein. Which means that, your body requires a lot of energy to digest it, where increasing your calorie burn throughout the day.
There’s no wrong with eating yogurt on its own. However, you can add more stimulation by adding healthy flavor-enhancers such as a calorie-free sweetener (honey or maple syrup), fresh or frozen seasonal fruits (blue-berry, mango, banana etc.) or whole-grain cereal also. Along with that, yogurt can be used as a base for a healthy smoothie recipe. Consider mixing yogurt in a blender with some fresh fruit, ice, oatmeal and protein powder even.
Besides these, many varieties or brands of commercially available yogurt are usually rich in artificial sweeteners. Therefore, you should go for natural yogurt.
Greek yogurt for your breakfast
Greek yogurt is a famous fermented milk product. Plain Greek yogurt has several mentionable health benefits. The production process of Greek yogurt is such that the maximum of its whey can be drained out. Besides these, Greek yogurt contains a higher amount of protein than other regular yogurt.
Along with that, Greek yogurt contains a less amount of sugar and carbohydrate. But, before buying Greek yogurt, try to avoid flavored one because.
Yogurt for breakfast recipes
Yogurt is a nice tasty food along with a lot of health benefits. You can make yogurt at your home or you can make your homemade yogurt more tasty and delicious by simply adding some toppings or others. Now I am going to show you some delicious yogurt recipes for breakfast.
- Tropical yogurt bowl: You can try to top your regular or Greek yogurt with some kiwi and banana. This recipe is delicious and you can easily make it. To make it take a cup of yogurt and use 1 cup of cut-up kiwi and half cup of banana and freeze the other half for smoothies. Now take some roasted and unsalted cashew nuts or coconut flakes and sprinkle it.
- Granola yogurt Parfaits: As it is a mixture of grains and fruits, it will be delightful to you. To do this, fill a parfait glass with alternative layers of granola, fruits and yogurt. Then mix some honey or maple syrup according to your choice.
- Smoothie yogurt bowl: Blend a cup of plain yogurt with some berries and a little amount honey until it becomes smooth as you desire. Now it is ready and you can top it with some toasted nut or granola.
- Melon yogurt Bowl: You can use half of the melon as your bowl and it will be so nice to see. Fill it with yogurt and then you can add some berries and pumpkin seeds as toppings.
- Maple walnut cereal bowl: It is also a fast and fine yogurt recipe. You just take a cup of yogurt, spray some maple syrup and add some walnut as toppings.
- Cherry and vanilla yogurt bowl: Make a mixture of ¼ cup of frozen, defrosted unsweetened cherry and ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract and add the mixture to a cup of plain yogurt.
- Yogurt and oatmeal recipe: Oatmeal is a good source of essential cereals and it contains no cholesterol. Moreover, oatmeal contains a high amount of dietary fiber. To make a yogurt recipe with oatmeal is easy, fast and inexpensive. Add some nuts with oatmeal and mix it with a cup of yogurt and your breakfast is ready.
- Yogurt breakfast bowl: You can customize your breakfast yogurt as your wish. A nice and delicious yogurt bowl will make you crave for it. Take 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup whole grain, 1 cup fresh berries, 1 tablespoon of Chia seeds, ¼ cup of flaked coconut and one teaspoon of honey. Now take a bowl and mix all the ingredients in the bowl. Then drizzle it with some honey or maple syrup and serve.
- Peach and cinnamon yogurt bowl: Take 1 diced peach and finish it with a dusting of cinnamon. Cinnamon is a very useful to minimize heart disease risk.
- Avocado yogurt bowl: Remove the pit from the avocado and use the avocado as toppings. Add some herbs and a pinch of salt and drizzle it with extra virgin olive oil. You can also add some hot sauce if you like.
Things to focus
Yogurt is a healthy food without any confusion. The important thing is that you need to buy the right one which meets up your desire. Moreover, if you make yogurt or some recipes with it, you need to follow the instructions properly. There are also some facts related to the consumption of yogurt. They are as follows:
Some people are lactose intolerant and they cannot digest this component of yogurt. For them, there are lactose-free yogurts available in the market. Besides these, milk allergy is also a common problem in a large population. So, for the people with this problem, there are dairy-free yogurts also available in the market or you can make dairy-free yogurt at your home
Finally, I want to say, eat yogurt at your breakfast to maintain a healthy diet. Try to follow the recipes I provided and I believe it will be delicious. I hope this post will be helpful for you.
Note: Yogurt Trusted Brand: Chobani, Fage, Yoplait, Dannon, Oikos, siggi etc.