Yogurt for face: Benefits of a Yogurt Mask
Do not you want to get a glowing skin? I take it as a yes. However, though you are concerned about the magnificent impact of yogurt on your skin I hope, I will try to add something new and my effort is to make you understand about the useful features of yogurt for face mask. Besides these, you will find how yogurt is good for your skin and how you should apply it. Also, I you will be able to understand the importance of Greek yogurt for skin.
Recommended: You know probiotics is good for face so here we have a post regarding probiotic yogurt benefits.
Why yogurt is good for skin?
Yogurt has been used for long years for beautifying skin. In south Asia, especially in India, yogurt has been used for treating pimples and acne on face.
Yogurt is a fermented milk product which has a lot of health benefits. However, as it a post related to the benefits of yogurt for face, I will emphasize on the important nutrients of yogurt face mask.
Basically, yogurt contains the following nutrients which are good for your skin. They are as follows:
You can check the importance of yogurt to lose weight, Consuming a particular amount of yogurt in regular basis can be effective to burn belly fats.
- Zinc: Zinc is a “trace-mineral” which is required by a small amount for your skin. Although, the required amount is small, but it has a great impact on your skin. Yogurt is a good source of zinc where it helps you by these ways:
- Since zinc has anti-inflammatory properties, it helps you to minimize red swellings, which is a result of acne or rashes.
- It will help you to tighten your skin if you cut there.
- Zinc in yogurt will provide desired moisture to your skin, where it will help you to get rid of oily skin.
- Lactic acid: Yogurt is a good source of lactic acid and this nutrient has a vast use in manufacturing skin care products. The usefulness of lactic acid on your skin includes:
- In dry skin, it acts as a moisturizer.
- Helps to prevent wrinkles and decrease the appearance of wrinkles that are already present on skin.
- Calcium: Since yogurt is a milk product, it contains a huge amount of calcium. The importance of calcium on skin includes:
- Calcium helps to replace old skin cells with new skin cells.
- It also helps to prevent wrinkles and dry skin
- B vitamins: Yogurt is a good source of vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B12 and B5.
- Riboflavin enhances skin cell growth and this vitamin helps to keep your skin glowing and hydrated. Moreover, it also helps to protect your skin from damage.
- Vitamin B5 helps to maintain the proper oily texture of your skin as it aids to generate healthy fat cells on skin.
Yogurt face mask
You can make a yogurt face mask by yourself. To do this, it will not take that much effort and it is very easy. However, you have to identify your skin problem and make a yogurt face mask according to your skin problem. Now I will give you directions to make yogurt face mask of different types.
Yogurt face mask for acne scars
To make this, you will require yogurt and oatmeal. Along with weight control, oatmeal has important application in skin care as well, because oatmeal acts as an absorbent where it absorbs the harmful oil of your skin. You know that, the deposition of oil on skin facilitates the onset of acne and pimple, so the function of oatmeal helps to get rid of this problem.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of oatmeal in a mixing bowl.
- Apply a coarse coat on your face and let it remain around for 15 minutes.
- Now gently rinse your face with warm water to wash out the entire mask.
- Now wash your face with cold water and clean with a soft towel.
Yogurt face mask for dry skin
Yogurt with avocado and olive oil is a perfectly suitable yogurt face mask for dry skin. Especially in winter season, this face mask will prevent your skin from getting dehydrated. However, avocado contains healthy and useful fats, which nourishes your skin. Also, both avocado and olive oil contain vitamin E, which is a natural moisturizer that keeps your skin hydrated.
- Take 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Take ¼ of an avocado.
- Mash the avocado, mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and make a thick paste.
- Apply a thick coat of paste on your face and allow it to settle down for 15 minutes.
- After that, wash your face with warm water at first, and then with cold water and clean with a soft towel.
Yogurt face mask for glowing skin
To get a brightening face, you can use a face mask of yogurt with strawberry and honey. Strawberry is a nice fruit which it is rich in vitamin C, alpha hydroxyl acids and salicylic acid which make your skin to glow and lightening. On the other hand, honey has anti-bacterial properties that help to fight against acne and honey is also a natural moisturizer.
To make this face, you definitely should use probiotic yogurt to get a good result.
- Mash 2 ripe strawberries and add 1 teaspoon of probiotic yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Apply a thick round coat on your face and let it to rest for 15 minutes to settle down.
- After that, wash your face with warm water and cold water later on.
- Wipe your face with a soft and clean towel.
Plain yogurt face mask
The type of yogurt (regular or Greek yogurt) that you are going to use for a face mask should be plain (unsweetened and unflavored). You should follow this because, flavored yogurt may cause irritations on your skin and it also can increase the number of already existing pimples or rashes on your skin. So, you need to buy the yogurt that contains live cultures (probiotics) and essential fats and proteins to get a perfectly suitable face mask.
Greek yogurt for face mask
You also can get a nice face mask using Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt contains double amount of protein than a same amount of regular yogurt and it contain less amount of sugar also. Like other recipes of yogurt face mask, you can easily make a Greek yogurt face mask with just replacing regular yogurt with Greek yogurt. However, I like to provide you a recipe of Greek yogurt face mask.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Squeeze a lemon to get some juice.
- Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Apply a thick coat of the mixture and allow it to settle down around for 20 minutes.
- After that, wash your face at first with warm water and then with cold water.
- Clean your face with a clean and soft towel.
Yogurt for pimples
Pimples on your skin irritate you a lot, right? However, pimples are so common and they aggravate most in hot summer days. Moreover, a humid environment also facilitates this problem.
Besides these, you are also responsible for the pimples on your face. If you are not much concerned about your face cleaning, pimples will definitely grow. So, you should always wash your face with cold water and do not let your face to get oily. Other than that, yogurt face mask with oatmeal will also help you in a greater way to get rid of pimples. Also, you can regularly eat probiotic yogurt.
Great yogurt is also a nice choice to fight against pimples. Greek yogurt is acidic in nature and it helps to kill the acne pimple causing bacteria and germs. Moreover, Greek yogurt has a fast action against pimples as it reduces pores and the size of pimples within just a few hours of application.
Greek yogurt face mask for pimples
To make a Greek yogurt face mask for pimples, mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a little amount of Greek yogurt in a mixing bowl and make a paste. Apply the paste on your face, wait for a few minutes and wash it off.
Leaving yogurt on face overnight
If you have pimples, then you can allow yogurt face mask to stay overnight on your face. It is also a spot treatment of pimples. To do this, mix some gram flour with some yogurt and make a thick paste. Now apply this paste on your face, let it to dry and go to sleep. In morning, wash your face and clean it well.
Things to remember
- Check how your skin reacts on yogurt face mask because, it can cause irritation. So, first apply a little amount of yogurt face mask and carefully observe your skin.
- In lemon juice-yogurt face mask, do not use a lot of lemon juice because it contains citric acid.
I wish to conclude saying that, yogurt face mask can take a nice care to your skin. Try to make the face mask as directed and use plain yogurt. I hope the post will be helpful for you.